KINDNESSforBusiness is a Swiss association based in Lausanne and a movement created by a group of entrepreneurs, executives and leaders who have all been engaged in the reinvention of their organizations to make them more positive and human-centric.
Our approach is based on ‘Generative Abundance’, a term we have developed. Generative Abundance is a creative force based on unconditional giving. Generative Abundance triggers a virtuous chain of positive spin-offs that become a multiplying force bringing about an over-abundance, to the benefit of all actors.
To stimulate the creation of Generative Abundance we have developed the KindStones™.
Through this website, we regularly publish articles covering all the different aspects of KINDNESS. We feature external contributors as well as our own editorial work – this is available on the homepage as well as under the contents section.
● Also available on the homepage and under the News section are our workshops and other events
● Our community is called KINDnity and is made of active members, contributors, signatories to our manifesto, and followers. We encourage you to follow us on our Linkedin page
Our team operates in a sociocratic mode on the basis of a proposal that its members are continuously improving.
THE KIND LEADERSHIP
We advocate for leadership that:
- integrates a greater and deeper purpose creating meaningful environments for all employees;
- conveys, within the organization, a mindset and a set of practices and values that:
• develop the human potential inside and outside the organization,
• respect the environment but also take initiative oriented to achieving a positive social impact, particularly at the local level,
• implement growth for good and generate profit with a better value proposition,
• create a mutual advantage that can benefit employees, shareholders, clients, suppliers and more broadly the community, in a continuous, circular flow.
We firmly believe that we can introduce a true and effective principle of KINDNESS in business that benefits the business.
What is KINDNESS? In a nutshell, it is about ‘Showing Respect and Demonstrating Trust’.
The outcome of this paradigm shift would be a lasting improvement of our organizations towards:
● gaining agility
● leveraging collective intelligence and harnessing an unrevealed source of creativity
● improving human potential and developing self-awareness
● delivering a better experience for employees, clients and all other stakeholders
● creating greater value as well as more shared-value and impact
It’s time for us to commit to crafting sustainable and human-centered professional environments by spreading knowledge that can radically modify the mindset of as many organizations as possible
The advent of digitalization, the rapidly evolving business environment (characterized by the VUCA scenario - volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity) and a massive shift in the aspirations of citizens have begun to design a brand-new context. The leadership and organizational models currently in use are no longer suitable. The disconnection between new challenges and traditional answers, mainly inherited from 19th century models and based around a mechanical conception of our world, has produced a mass of disengaged professionals. Combined with a lack of a human-centric purpose, our organizations suffer from a real pandemic of malaise.
KINDNESSforBusiness gathers entrepreneurs, executives as well as leaders who are all aware of this issue because they have experienced it first-hand, and are determined to achieve change by acting within their context and inside our movement.
Some visionary pioneers have already shown that a new paradigm, consisting of new leadership models, organization, decision making and practices can help our companies to become more agile, more resilient, more successful and ABOVE ALL more respectful of human beings and the planet, all while making larger profits.
The Coronavirus crisis may be the catalyst that could reset a significant part of the political-economic system and give a decisive acceleration to adopting a viable, beneficial and powerful alternative.
KINDNESSforBusiness aims at promoting a business operating philosophy based on so-called Generative Abundance, by:
1- disseminating knowledge to support change-makers and leaders in trying new practices and tools but most of all a new mindset conducive to more human-centric organizations, all of this while improving their business
2- demonstrating that this paradigm is not only innovative but is also accessible, viable, and beneficial.
Our view is that this new paradigm must be embedded in a renewed expression of capitalism that can fulfil the interests of all stakeholders.